Monday, December 13, 2010

Inexpensive Homemade Gifts

I have been racking my brain, trying to figure out what to make for teachers this year...then I found a great Youtube video from Rachel aka Scrapeahappy. She showed a fun way to make a card that fits a bottle of lotion and even demonstrated how to gift wrap it. Here's the video for it, you have to check it out :)


I knew that this was exactly what I wanted to make. I bought Suave lotion at Walmart for 98 cents each but when I made the first card, it was too tall for the card on the video, so I altered the score lines to fit the bottle.


I used my Daisy D's "Paisley Sugarplum" paper stack for all of the paper except for the Kraft Cardstock and the Kraft polka dot paper which is from DCWV. I used a Martha Stewart snowflake border punch for the bottom edge of the card flap. The snowman stamp is from Hampton Arts (I got it at Big Lots last year) and I altered the ovals to fit the stamp on my Gypsy (another reason that I LOVE my Gypsy :) I used George for the plain oval and Lacy Labels for the Scalloped Oval.


The bags and filler are from the Dollar Tree. I cut the tags for the bag from the Sweet Treats cartridge, it's my favorite cartridge for tags.


I plan on just giving the lotion to my coworkers but I'm going to include a gift card in the teacher gifts.

Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment